The Email Reporting Widget has been updated to version 2.0.
This update has been underway for several months now. It has been a long and winding road and everytime that the goal was near I stumbled upon some small thing that needed to be sorted out first. The Widget Extensions capabilities that has been added to this version of the widget has been very big task, but now that the ground work is done I think that it will bring some good things in the future.
This new version contains a lot of new functionality as listed below:
- Support for up to 30 custom variables.
- Completely new PHP and ASP.NET files to handle PHP and ASP server communications. The ASP.NET version now only supports ASP.NET 2.0 to ASP.NET 4.5. (ASP.NET 1.0 is removed).
- Ability to define a custom URL to the scripts so you can keep your scripts in one place.
- One single widget to handle PHP or ASP.NET instead of two separate widgets as earlier.
- Ability to make the widget send the result by clicking a button instead of having the widget send it automatically.
- Better Widget Parameters interface.
- Support for Widget Extensions (more info will follow later).
All previous buyers of the Email Reporting Widget for Adobe Captivate 4 / 5 / 5.5 (AS3) should have received an email with instructions on how to download the newest version free-of-charge. If you have not received this email then contact me through my site.
The new version will go live on the site for sale to new customers tomorrow.