Update 14MAY13: Adobe has now made the patch publicly available here: http://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/kb/hot-fix-captivate-courses-dont.html.
The patch now also works for Adobe Captivate 6.1 for subscription and ASA customers.
Applying the patch:
- Make sure your version of Adobe Captivate is updated to 184.108.40.206 (go to Help – About Adobe Captivate to view version number)
- If you are not on version 220.127.116.11 then update by going to Help – Updates in Captivate and close Adobe Captivate afterwards.
- Download the fix from the above mentioned location and unzip it to your desktop.
- Go to the directory where you installed Adobe Captivate 6.
- Navigate to “\sdk\libs\cplibs\”
- In here you will see two directories. One called 9.0 and one called 10.0.
- Open up each directory and find the “MainMovie.swc” and rename it to something like “MainMovie.swc(original)”
- In the folder you unzipped with the fix you will find the same two folders each containing a “MainMovie.swc” file. Copy these files to your Captivate installation directory.
- Open up Adobe Captivate and republish the project.
Please use the buttons below to share this information with your network so you can help them avoid problems with this bug in their projects.